By Sally Andrews, an intern in the Lowy Institute's Melanesia program.
- Barrick Gold will compensate 137 PNG women after allegations of rife sexual violence from guards and police at Porgera mine.
- PNG’s opposition reopens the debate on extending autonomy for regional governments.
- Fears grow in Vanuatu over dire water shortages in the aftermath of Cyclone Pam.
- Australian volunteer Zoe Marshall was based on Vanuatu’s Pentecost island when Cyclone Pam hit. Here she recounts the story of that night.
- Denise Fisher discusses the ramifications of the French election results for New Caledonia.
- Fiji has signed an historic MOU with China that will help improve the Fijian health sector.
- The Governor of Port Moresby granted 1.1 million kina in order to establish a new sexual violence centre.
- Mark Evenhuis commented on the growing cynicism in PNG towards Australian aid and asylum seeker programs.
- The League Bilong Life program is being rolled out throughout PNG, capitalising on the country’s love of NRL to help achieve education outcomes in primary schools: